Happy Valley makes life better!
We make great-tasing Australian dairy products
The Happy Valley Dairy Company is Australian through and through. Our headquarters is in Melbourne, Victoria, while our cows contentedly graze the rich pastures of the Gippsland region.
Our premium range of dairy products result from the perfect natural environment that Australia offers, world’s best practice traditional and modern farming methods, state-of-the-art processing and manufacturing technologies, and an unwavering commitment to maintaining the highest international quality standards.
We use time-tested recipes to produce our product range which includes a broad range of premium cheeses, available in a range of pack sizes making them suited for enjoyment in homes as well as in commercial kitchens.
At Happy Valley Dairy, we adhere to the very high standards set down by the Australian and international dairy industries for the manufacture of all our products. This not only gives you certainty that our products are safe, you can be sure they will be high quality and great tasting, without exception.
Happy Valley cheeses are handmade using premium full-cream milk. They are free from preservatives and additives, they’re Halal approved, and they are gluten free. They also make cooking easy and give you greater control in the kitchen – for example, our Mozzarella Cheese doesn’t burn easily.
Products in our cheese range are available for shipping chilled or frozen, and unlike other cheese manufacturers we have flexible minimum order quantities.
Happy Valley Cheese facts
- Natural cheese is made from four basic ingredients: milk, salt, starter culture or ‘good bacteria’, and an enzyme called rennet.
- Cheese is a tasty way to include more dairy in your diet. After milk, cheese is the number two source of dietary calcium for Australians.
- Cheese is more than just calcium. It provides high-quality protein, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus needed to help stay healthy.
- Generally hard cheeses, such as cheddar, have the highest amount of nutrients per serve.
- For those with lactose intolerance, Happy Valley Cheese can be an important source of calcium. Our natural cheeses, such as cheddar and mozzarella, contain minimal amounts of lactose because most of the lactose is removed when curds are separated from whey.
Get to know our happy... Happy Valley cows!
Get to know Gippsland
There’s nowhere else in the world quite like Victoria’s Gippsland region. It’s beautiful, with its miles of unspoilt beaches and vast pristine rainforests, but it’s the endless rolling green pastures that it’s best known for.
Home to a highly productive dairy region, Gippsland supplies Victoria’s capital Melbourne with most of its dairy needs. However, the Gippsland dairy industry’s reach extends beyond its home state, across Australia and to destinations around the world.
Melbourne is known as the world’s most liveable city, winning in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 as detailed in the EIU (Economist Intelligence Unit) Report.
So, with Happy Valley Dairy’s happy cows grazing on lush farms in the Gippsland region, and our four major cheesemaking plants located in Melbourne – you can be assured of happiness when you choose products from the Happy Valley Dairy range.